We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Today we’re digging into the connection between anxiety, gut health and fertility.
Brandy Buskow is Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner and Certified Transformational Health Coach and EFT Practitioner. She provides nutritional support and runs functional laboratory testing for our Couples Coaching Program. She loves supporting women so they can learn how functional medicine addresses the underlying cause of disease or illness.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- We discuss the statistics! Antidepressant and anti anxiety medication has skyrocketed. Dr Mark Hyman (Chairman The Institute for Functional Medicine) and Medical Director Cleveland Clinic produced a docu-series called the Broken Brain. (this documentary is a game changer for anyone struggling with anxiety and other brain disorders). 1 in 10 Americans takes an antidepressant. The use of antidepressants has tripled in the last decade. Over 40 million people have anxiety.
- The difference between anxiety and an anxiety disorder
- How anxiety and infertility are connected (most conventional doctors miss this!)
- Why gut health is so important to help with anxiety and ultimately infertility
- The connection between food and mood (“what you find at the end of your fork is more powerful than anything you’ll find at the bottom of a pill bottle” – Dr Mark Hyman).
- B12 deficiency and anxiety
- Birth control and nutrient deficiency (this is for you if you have been on long term hormonal birth control).
- What to do if you are taking anti anxiety medication or SSRI’s. How to deal with withdrawal symptoms.
- Diet, lifestyle strategies (meditation/mindfulness (Mindfulness Fertility Program), supplement recommendations
I offer a free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.