Today I’m welcoming Brandy Buskow and Justine Altman back to the podcast.
We’re digging into fertility charting and what your period is telling you about your overall health.
Brandy and Justine are part of my team here at Fab Fertile. They are an integral part of our Couples Coaching program – which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception. If you are struggling with infertility…your body is desperately trying to tell you something…focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic it will improve your chances of success.
Brandy is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner and Certified Transformational Health Coach and EFT Practitioner.
Justine is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner. She was diagnosed with PCOS and struggled with infertility. She had her first baby with fertility treatments, but after taking a functional approach was able to conceive her 2nd child naturally.
Did you know that your menstrual cycle can give you a lot of information about your overall health?
When my period became very irregular in my early 20’s and then was really heavy, crampy, and later very light – the first recommendation I received from my doctor was to go on the hormonal birth control pill.
I went on the pill for years and when I came off I was diagnosed with POF (not the case for everyone but huge healing opportunities were completely missed for me).
And when I ask the women who come to me who are struggling with infertility why did you go on the pill a high percentage tell me because their period was heavy, irregular, light or they didn’t have a period.
Your period is your fifth vital sign. What healing opportunities are you missing?
This episode is for you:
- If you are not sure if you are ovulating, how to find your cervix or what cervical mucus really means
- You’ve used so many OPK’s that they now cause so much stress – and you don’t even know if you’re using them correctly
- You don’t know if you are missing your fertile window every month
On this podcast you’ll learn:
1) What exactly is fertility charting? Some mistakes that we regularly see. Plus how to track our fertile window so that we are not missing it every month.
2) Why relying on OPK’s may lower our chances of conceiving
3) How to check for cervical mucus. What clomid does to cervical mucus. (Hint it is not good!). How to find our cervix.
4) What does spotting mean (we discuss during implantation, ovulation, and menstruation)?
5) Short luteal phase and what could be an underlying cause.
6) Stress and the impact on our cycle.
7) Apps and tracking devices we like. Check out our resources section below for your special discount code for our favourite fertility tracking devices.
Fertility Tracking devices we like:
Daysy (receive a 10% discount when you use coupon code – fabfertile) This is an affiliate link.
Ava (tracker that we love). This is an affiliate link.
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):