We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Today I’m welcoming Michele Paradise to the podcast!
We’re digging into havening and how this technique can help us on the fertility journey.
Michele Paradise; lives between London and LA, a working mother of two grown children and a former international model, muse to Philip Treacy and Zandra Rhodes, with over twenty years experience on the runway in Milan, Paris, London and New York.
In 2000, Michele left the fashion industry and trained in several methodologies in human behavior. She is an expert in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Clinical Hypnotherapist personally trained by the co-creator of NLP, Dr. Richard Bandler, and Paul McKenna. Over the last 10 years, Michele assisted Dr. Bandler and Paul McKenna, training 1000s of people in NLP and communication skills for business and personal growth. One of her specialties is presenting workshops for NLP Life Training in presentation skills and public speaking.
In 2014 Michele trained and qualified in Havening Techniques, which is a psychosensory therapy to reduce stress and anxiety caused by trauma in childhood and adulthood.
In 2015 Deepak Chopra invited her to become his personal development coach on his digital wellness platform Jiyo, where she has her own channel The Healing Haven, and has over 30 videos demonstrating Havening for all levels of trauma and anxiety.
In 2019, Michele was accepted into the certification program with Dr. Gabor Maté, entitled Compassionate Inquiry, where she was taught by Dr. Maté himself how to treat addiction, childhood trauma, and other issues that impact her client’s life.
As you may know, our goal is to help reduce the physical and mental/emotional stressors on the body so that you can achieve pregnancy success.
And while meditation, yoga, or breathwork may work for some of us what if you haven’t found a modality that actually helps you to de-stress and reduce anxiety?
Have you heard of havening? I first heard of the technique about 6 months ago. I then started to see it everywhere. Celebrities such as Justin and Hailey Bieber, the Kardashians, and more were using havening to reduce anxiety and overwhelm.
So how can havening help us on the fertility journey?
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) What is havening and how can it helps us on the fertility journey
2) How does the technique help with stress, anxiety, and PTSD
3) What is affirmational havening and how can we use this to visualize a positive pregnancy?
4) Plus you’ll experience a havening demonstration that you follow along with so that you can experience a calming state of mind.
06:20- INTRO TO TODAY’S EPISODE AND MICHELLE PARADISE’S BIO
07:42- WHAT FIRST DREW MICHELLE TO THE PRACTICE OF HAVENING?
- Brief history of Havening and the process of training as a practitioner
10:37- HOW CAN HAVENING HELP IN DIFFICULT TIMES?
- What are the biggest struggles of someone going through the infertility journey?
- Realizing the trauma of the infertility journey
- “Stress plays a major part in conception.”
- How trauma is stored in our body (that we are unaware of)
14:55- WHAT EXACTLY IS HAVENING?
- What happens in our body during the “havening touch”
- Why havening is “content-free” and we don’t need to know the details of it
- Delta waves and where in the body it is released
- “Self-havening” and “Event havening”
23:42- DO WE NEED TO HAVE A PRACTITIONER WITH US TO HAVEN?
25:02- THE RESEARCH AND EFFICACY OF HAVENING
25:52- ARE THERE RISKS OF NOT WORKING WITH A PRACTITIONER?
27:00- THE PHILOSOPHY OF HAVENING
- The difference between Havening and other therapies
- The importance of connecting the mind and body
- “In my experience, the only way to get a result is to connect the mind and body to release stress, anxiety, and trauma.”
28:26- DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TFT AND HAVENING
30:33- HOW IT HELPS WITH STRESS AND ANXIETY
- Quick tips you can use if you are feeling unsafe
- Small ways to incorporate havening in your day
- Affirmational havening
- “Where focus goes energy flows.”
- How havening is a “pattern interrupt”
34:40- WHEN WOULD WE USE EVENT HAVENING?
- Addressing unhealthy beliefs and rewiring your thoughts through havening
39:00- TRAUMATIC BIRTHS AND PREGNANCY
- Going back to birth and doing “outcome havening”
- How your traumatic birth could affect fertility
42:30- HAVENING DEMO
50:50- MICHELLE’S PERSONAL SUCCESS STORY
54:17- HOW MANY SESSIONS SHOULD WE HAVE?
- Getting to the root of what is really wrong
- “You can do no harm with havening.”\
- Havening the inner child
59:30- WHERE WE CAN CONNECT WITH MICHELLE
1:01:38- FINAL THOUGHTS ON HAVENING
- Couple havening
- Parenting havening
- Getting permission before you haven
Check out Michele Paradise’s Youtube channel for havening video’s- https://www.youtube.com/user/michpara/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid
BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):