Today’s question is: What does TSH have to do with fertility?
Welcome to our daily Q&A show – Ask The Fertility Experts. We’re answering your fertility questions so that you can optimize your chances of pregnancy success with your own eggs. We specialize in low AMH, high FSH, diminished ovarian reserve, and premature ovarian insufficiency.
To submit your question send me a DM (direct message) on Instagram @fabfertileinc – https://www.instagram.com/fabfertileinc/ We”ll answer your question on an upcoming episode.
I’m Sarah Clark, Founder of Fab Fertile Inc. and your host. Today a member of the Fab Fertile team joins me – Dr. Tabatha Barber. Dr. Tabatha is triple board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, menopause, and functional medicine.
05:11- TODAY’S QUESTION: HOW TO LOOK BEYOND TSH AND WHY IT MATTERS FOR FERTILITY
05:18- DR. TABATHA BARBER’S INITIAL RESPONSE
- “TSC has A LOT to do with fertility.”
- The Thyroid’s role in our body and how it impacts reproduction
- “Your thyroid is responsible for telling your brain and ovaries that it’s okay to reproduce.”
- What happens when your thyroid is working overtime and your body is in survival mode
- “If you are in survival mode your thyroid is not going to let you reproduce.”
- “When your thyroid is struggling your period is one of the first signs of that struggle.”
07:48- SARAH’S PERSONAL STORY WITH TSH AND HER FERTILITY JOURNEY
- Functional ranges versus conventional ranges & the importance of looking at the full panel
- “If you are having cycle issues you need to look at the root cause.”
- “Our bodies were not created to be in dysfunction. Our bodies were created to sustain and heal.”
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page – filled with handpicked products/books/devices – get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):