We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Today I’m welcoming Monika Friedman back to the podcast!
We’re digging into what a Type A wishes she knew when she was TTC
I’m excited to welcome Monika Friedman to the podcast. Monika is part of my team here at Fab Fertile. She is one of our Fertility Coaches and an integral part of our Couples Coaching program – which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception.
If you are struggling with infertility…your body is desperately trying to tell you something…focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic it will improve your chances of success.
Monika is a Fertility Coach helping professional women increase their chances of getting pregnant with less anxiety and more joy along the way. She is a 4-time IVF warrior, a yoga teacher, and a working mom with an MBA and 15 years of corporate experience under her belt.
There was a time that I couldn’t imagine doing anything without a plan.
What I know today is that my planning was a way to have some form of control over an uncertain situation. When I was TTC, I had a plan A, B, C, D – if it didn’t work I planned to quit my job and travel around the world with my husband.
And while planning has served me well – I’m a get it done kind of person – it has also caused me a lot of frustration, increased my impatience, and left me feeling exhausted (and somehow always behind).
If you’re anything like me (and most of my clients are Type A) the uncertainty of the TTC journey may be driving you crazy.
You’ve probably tried everything, put on your research hat (yep Dr. Google can be a slippery slope), and are feeling more overwhelmed than ever.
What if there was a way to move forward and take ACTION, but on your own terms and with a sense of peace, calm, and knowing that the soul of your baby was waiting for you.
How would you approach the journey to have your baby differently?
This episode is for you:
1) How being a Type A has served you and where it has left you feeling impatient, frustrated, and overwhelmed – especially as navigate the fertility journey.
2) We discuss Monika’s personal breakthrough and how she learned to let go of the impatience and control so that she could approach this journey on her own terms.
3) Tips for a Type A to slow down.
4) How to set boundaries at work – especially if you feel overworked or are in a demanding stressful job
5) Why takes a few steps back actually allows you to take a giant leap forward so that you can prepare for a successful pregnancy.
- Taking the judgment out of being type A
- “We are our own fiercest critic”
- Sarah and Monika’s personal stories with being type A
- Speaking to yourself like you are speaking to your best friend
- “My fertility journey was a transformational journey for me.”
- How she found peace with herself
- Understanding kindness and forgiveness for yourself
- A breakthrough she had on an airplane bathroom floor
- “Infertility was the best teacher I ever have but never asked for.”
- Challenging your mind to take the path less traveled
- A visual technique to use for a powerful reframe
- Responding vs. reacting to triggers
- “It’s courageous to ask for help.”
- The power of “feeling into your body.”
- Monika’s story of overworking and under eating (and how that affected her fertility)
- “Forgiveness is a key piece to my fertility journey”
- Working out as a coping mechanism.
- “Fertility works by its own rules.”
- The toll different treatments had on her body
- Dealing with infertility PTSD and the financial toll of treatments
- The importance of the functional approach
- Ways to say “no”, and setting time in the calendar for yourself
- Asking yourself “What will make me happier this hour?”
- Breath practice for the morning and mindfulness practices
- How can you make these moments count?
- Educating people around you on what you need.
- Issues around overworking and slowing down
- Ask yourself “How do I want to show up as a mom?”
- How can we make progress while taking pressure off ourselves?
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):