Today I’m welcoming Brandy Buskow back to the podcast.
We’re digging into neurotransmitters and why they are important for infertility.
Brandy is Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner and Certified Transformational Health Coach and EFT Practitioner. She loves supporting women so they can learn how functional medicine addresses the underlying cause of disease or illness.
On this podcast you’ll learn:
- What are neurotransmitters and why are they important for fertility
- The 4 mood types as described by Julia Ross author of the Mood Cure. Check out her website at https://www.juliarosscures.com/ to take the mood quiz.
- Low antidepressant Serotonin – under a dark cloud – tendency to be negative, worried/anxious, self critical, guilty, insomnia
- Suffering from the blahs – low in stimulating catecholamines or Thyroid, or low in natural stimulants like noradrenalin or Thyroid – flat, bored, apathetic, difficulty focusing concentrating, need lots of sleep, cold hands/feet – easily chilled, put on weight too easily
- Overwhelmed by stress – low in tranquilizing GABA – feel overworked, pressured, trouble relaxing, easily upset, frustrated, feel weak or shaky, worse if you skip meals or too long without eating
- Too Sensitive to Life’s Pain – low in pain-killing Endorphins – do you consider yourself or do other consider you too sensitive, do you tear up or cry easily, do you avoid dealing with painful situations, have you been through great deal of physical or emotional pain
- We discuss diet strategies for each mood type, plus how to get honest about stressors, what role genes play, how light therapy can be very effective and what types of exercise are best
- Steps to help with low in stimulating catecholamines or Thyroid (thyroid dysfunction is the canary coal mine – what else is happening in the body? With functional medicine we dig deeper) – many of the women we work with have thyroid problems (during our Blood Chemistry Review we recommend a full thyroid panel including antibodies)
- Why an Autoimmune Protocol Diet can be helpful if there is an autoimmune condition present (this is something we see very commonly with women who are struggling with infertility – especially Hashimoto’s).
- Hormone connection – low estrogen and low testosterone trigger blahs
- Tyrosine – natural antidepressant – work with practitioner before self prescribe – substitute tyrosine for caffeine
- Supplements – Omega 3, Vitamin D and more
- Steps for someone who is overwhelmed by stress
- Steps to help someone who is Sensitive to Life’s Pain
- Impact of neurotransmitters on sex hormones.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.