We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I’m excited to welcome Andy Mant to the podcast.
Today we’re digging into the impact blue light has on sleep and why this matters for fertility.
Andy Mant is the founder and CEO of BLUblox, a company specializing in evidence-based advanced light filtering eyewear. Andy started BLUblox after becoming dissatisfied with the quality and standards of blue light blocking glasses available and so set about to design lenses that match the evidence in the academic literature. Andy was born in the UK and moved to Australia in 2011. After moving and about 2 years after arriving Andy’s gained a lot of weight and become chronically fatigued and lacked energy. Traditional dietary approaches only worked to a certain degree and after stumbling across light and health Andy forged a passion and niche understanding of all things light related to health. Today Andy is a leading figure in managing light to improve health and wellbeing.
- interrupted sleep (getting up to use the bathroom)
- trouble falling asleep
- falling asleep immediately (before head hits pillow – it’s not a good thing)
- regularly waking up more than once per night
- waking up in the middle of the night (staying awake for more than 20 minutes)
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) What is blue light and why do we need to protect ourselves from blue light if we are trying to conceive.
2) How blue light impacts our melatonin production and why this is important for both male and female fertility. (Hint – this is crucial for the regulating the menstrual cycle, egg fertilization and sperm count).
3) Plus how to know if we are really getting good quality sleep and how minimizing our light exposure can improve sleep.
Resources from this episode:
Need mindset support for 2020? Class begins January 30th, 2020. Hop on the waitlist for our Mindfulness Fertility Series.
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to recieve 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. Don’t forget to check out my Resources page for more information and products that will help you on your fertility journey.