Today we’re digging into what you need to know before you decide on IVF.
I know firsthand what it’s like to be told that IVF is your only option to have children. In my case, it was being diagnosed with POI/POF at 28 and told that I could only have children with donor eggs.
I know that IVF can feel like your next logical step.
You probably feel like you’ve already tried everything. I know that when I dreamed of having my family – it certainly wasn’t with IVF.
And although IVF can be successful – with an average 30% success rate – what about the couple that has 1,2,3,4 or more failed cycles – I see this quite regularly and it is heartbreaking and financially devastating.
We typically work with couples that have had at least 1 failed IVF cycle.
So if before you commit emotionally and financially to another IVF cycle I want you to know the exact steps you can take to improve your chances of pregnancy success.
This episode is for you:
1) You feel like another IVF may be your next step but you really want to get pregnant naturally
2) You’ve already had at least 1 failed IVF cycle.
3) You don’t know how to optimize your chances of getting pregnant naturally
4) You’ve been told that IVF is your only option to have your baby.
On this podcast you’ll learn:
1) Why focusing solely on your infertility diagnosis keeps you stuck and how to address missed healing opportunities that may decrease your chances of a successful IVF.
2) I discuss long term birth control use, undetected autoimmunity, thyroid dysfunction, blood sugar imbalance, poor sleep, and more so that you can begin to pinpoint areas that need to be addressed prior to IVF – to optimize your chances of a successful pregnancy.
3) How to get honest about your mental-emotional stressors (i.e. setting boundaries, releasing perfectionism, and unrealistic standards) so that you can move out of fight or flight and allow your hormones to balance naturally.
06:08- INTRO TO TODAY’S TOPIC AND WHO IT’S FOR
07:15- WHY YOU SHOULD STOP FOCUSING ON YOUR DIAGNOSIS
- “Your cycle is the barometer of your health.”
- My personal fertility story and health issues
- Why the functional approach takes a personal approach
- Why “research mode” can be dangerous
- How the stress of the diagnosis can affect your health.
- “Look beyond the diagnosis”
12:28- EFFECTS OF LONG TERM BIRTH CONTROL
- The effects of “the pill”
- “If you have been on the pill- it has impacted your body.”
13:43- UNDIAGNOSED AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE
- Why if you go to IVF with an autoimmune disease it will affect your health
15:40-ADDRESSING FOOD SENSITIVITIES
- Many people who know foods are affecting them- but continue to eat them (and why that matters!)
- “It’s not about you starving.”
18:39- ADDRESSING GUT INFECTIONS
- How common these affections actually are
19:26- ADDRESSING THYROID DYSFUNCTION
- Optimizing your thyroid is key
20:30- ADDRESSING CHRONIC STRESS
- Situational stress(dealing with infertility)
- Stress can be physical or emotional and mental
21:41- ADDRESSING ENVIRONMENTAL TOXINS
- The importance of drinking filtered water
23:17- OVER EXERCISING AND UNDEREATING
- Losing your period and other health issues with over exercising
- Asking yourself how you feel and being honest about it
24:50 BLOOD SUGAR DYSREGULATION
- How it effects your sex hormones
25:50- ADDRESSING POOR SLEEP
- Poor sleep with disrupt your blood sugar
27:00 DIGESTIVE ISSUES
- Toxins recycling your body affecting your hormones
27:56- ADDRESSING OVERWORKING
- The unrealistic standards we hold ourselves to
- How if we don’t address this now it will affect you after you have your baby
- “Your child is waiting for you.”
- The importance of a coach “calling you out”
30:34- STRAIN ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP
- Sex can become transactional
- “Healthy pregnancy healthy baby”
- Call yourself out on your own crap
- Men can be equally hurt too; it’s important for them to be heard.
32:55- INFORMATION ABOUT THE FABFERTILE METHOD
- Why coaching helps you follow through on your goals
- What we specialize in and who this program is for
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):