We’re digging into why including your partner on the fertility journey sets you up for success.
What I know for sure after working with hundreds of couples that are TTC is that both the male and female partner needs to focus on preconception health to improve pregnancy success.
It’s about making the targeted changes together.
It’s not about the woman changing everything in her life, reducing stress, improving her diet, throwing out the toxins and no one has even completed a semen analysis for the male partner.
What we find is that most male partners are very supportive. However, they may not know which steps to take to optimize pregnancy success.
Or we also see women making all the changes and reminding (ok it’s nagging) their partner to take their supplements or change their diet. This can lead to arguments, tension and frustration for both parties.
So how do we join together to create a solid foundation for our future family so that we can strengthen our relationship as we prepare for our baby?
This episode is for you if:
- Your partner is ready to make the changes to improve pregnancy health but he is not sure what are his next best steps
- Your partner is supportive and he says he will change his diet/lifestyle but you have to remind him and you feel like you’re nagging him.
- Your partner is dealing with male factor infertility and you have fertility issues too. The whole process seems overwhelming and you don’t know where to start to make changes that positively impact female and male fertility.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Specific steps the male partner can take right now. I discuss diet and lifestyle strategies.
- How to get your partner on board with the changes without cajoling or reminding him.
- Themes we see with both male and female factor fertility and steps you can take to fast track your chances of pregnancy success
2:00 INTRODUCING TODAY’S TOPIC
2:53 FIRST STEPS WHEN YOUR PARTNER IS READY TO MAKE THE CHANGES
- Why we do a blood chemistry review for both partners
- Functional reference ranges flag things earlier before it gets to disease.
- Digging deeper into the male partner’s semen analysis
- The types of functional testing we typically look at for the male partner
5:36 OUR TARGETED APPROACH TO DIET AND SUPPLEMENTATION
- What’s involved in the elimination diet
- We always start both partners on an elimination diet.
- Conditions that we often see alongside fertility issues
- Our approach to supplements
- There’s always something to work on to optimize your health.
8:00 THE IMPERFECT BUT SUPPORTIVE PARTNER
- You need to focus on taking care of yourself
- It’s really important to have external support and not to coach your partner
- This journey is tough and it can either tear you apart or pull you together.
- A lot of this is leading by example.
- How love languages can help us to move through frustration
- Focus on the good, not on what they’re not doing.
13:21 DIGGING DEEPER WITH A TARGETED APPROACH
- Themes we see with female-factor infertility
- Managing the mental and emotional stress
- Differentiating between symptoms that are common versus normal
16:18 THE FERTILITY JOURNEY CAN FEEL OVERWHELMING
- How having a structured plan can help you to manage the process and avoid overwhelm
- It’s about making the changes gradually over time and doing the best you can.
21:00 THE MORE GOOD WE FOCUS ON, THE MORE WILL SHOW UP
- The positive changes we’ve seen with our clients
Fab Fertile Method – https://www.fabfertile.com/what-we-do/
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 336: How To Improve Low Sperm Count, Motility and DNA Fragmentation
- Episode 81 How And Why To Do An Elimination Diet
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Legacy
Legacy: the digital fertility clinic that allows you to test, freeze, and improve your sperm from home. Legacy allows you to test your sperm with a mail-in kit so you can produce a sample in the comfort of your own home. Their kits use a transport media that’s clinically proven to protect and extend the life of sperm for overnight shipping.
Legacy’s kit does not require a prescription, and semen analysis starts at $199. Every client has the option to discuss their results with one of their male fertility specialists if they choose.
Use code FabFertile for 20% off your fertility analysis at GiveLegacy.com.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page – filled with handpicked products/books/devices – get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://www.fabfertile.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!