We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
We’re digging into how to get pregnant naturally with endometriosis.
Dr. Amy Day has been at the forefront of the natural women’s health movement since 2004 after receiving the 4th ND license in the state of California.
While in naturopathic medical school, struggles with her own women’s health issues fueled Dr. Amy’s passion. She is now a hormone expert, an author, and a speaker for both medical professionals and the public, and believes that every woman has the right to be vital.
As founder and CEO of The Women’s Vitality Center, she helps busy professional women with stress, fatigue, and hormonal issues to feel fantastic again.
Endometriosis affects approximately 175 million women in the world and 1 in 10 women in their reproductive years.
It can take anywhere from 6-10 years to get an endometriosis diagnosis – so many women struggle and are simply told, “that it’s just a bad period”.
March is endometriosis awareness month.
As you may know, we specialize in complex cases such as low AMH, high FSH, premature ovarian insufficiency, and diminished ovarian reserve. Many women with endometriosis have low AMH and they are told that IVF is their only option.
This conventional medicine approach leaves couples that are trying to conceive frustrated and unsure of their next steps – especially if they have experienced IUI/IVF failures.
What we know from working with clients with endometriosis is that healing opportunities are regularly missed…it’s not about focusing on the endo diagnosis it’s looking at the WHOLE body.
What if there was a proven method to reduce endometriosis symptoms and get pregnant naturally?
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) The conventional approach to endo versus the functional approach.. (i.e. surgery, birth control, and more).
2) The biggest mistakes around diet and endo
3) Why regulating blood sugar can be helpful for endo symptoms
4) How to minimize environmental toxin exposure and why this matters if you have endo.
5) Is endo always estrogen dominance?
05:02- INTRO TO TODAY’S EPISODE AND DR. AMY DAY’S BIO
05:57- DR’S AMY’S PERSONAL STORY
07:32- LOOKING AT THE CONVENTIONAL APPROACH TO ENDO
- Conventional: looking at medication and surgeries
- Endo is a complex problem in the body
10:21- DR. AMY’S THOUGHTS ON BIRTH CONTROL
- When you approach endo as a hormonal disease
11:53- THE FIVE KEYS (LOOKING AT A FUNCTIONAL APPROACH TO ENDO)
- Hormones, Immune System, Digestive Health, Environment, Stress
14:30- WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE RECOMMENDED SURGERY
- Why we should not see endo as lesions that grow in the pelvis
- Even if you have endo- can it reappear?
- Recommendations for surgeries (Nancy’s Nook on Facebook)
20:16- ADDRESSING ENDO WITH DIET
- Elimination diet and looking at digestive health
- Why we need to understand how the endo cells grow (and what we can do)
- One food she would highly recommend that we test-taking out of our diet
- Blood sugar and insulin’s role in addressing endo
- Her take on vegan and vegetarian diets
26:54- ENVIRONMENTAL TOXIN’S EFFECT ON ENDO
- “Having an awareness about the things in and around your body and in your home is really important”
- Our responsibility with exposure and also DETOXING
31:41- SLEEP’S EFFECT ON ENDO
- “When you are sleeping is when your body heals.”
- Being OKAY with sleeping more (it is productive)
- “Sleeping is not lazy- you need it.”
- The connection between exhaustion and endo
- Going to sleep earlier and creating a solid bedtime routine
37:02- STRESS’ IMPACT ON ENDO AND OUR HORMONES
- Stress can be good, it’s not the enemy. It’s about stress management
- The different types of stress- awareness is key
40:12- ENDO AND ESTROGEN DOMINANCE
- Estrogen’s role and her thoughts on balancing hormones
42:39- SUPPORT FOR PAIN MANAGEMENT
- Recommendations on using Castor Oil packs
- “Work in partnership with your body to create healing.”
- Topical oils and CBT
47:35- DR. DAY’S FAVORITE RESOURCES
51:07- DR. DAY’S FAVORITE SUCCESS STORY & FREE QUIZ
- “Endometriosis can shrink and go away and it is possible to have pain-free periods.”
- Her recommendations on ultrasounds and how often you should consider having one
- Other strategies for healing (GI Healing)
- Free quiz from Dr. Amy
- “Stress is a huge factor.”
59:09- FINAL THOUGHTS FROM DR. AMY
- “Keep looking for answers.”
- “Tune in to your body and what feels right for you.”
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):