We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Today I’m welcoming Sarah Phillipe to the podcast.
We’re digging into breast implant illness and why this matters if you are TTC.
Sarah has a passion for restoring health that has taken her along a path from RN, to becoming a certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner, True Cellular Detox™ Practitioner, and Breast Implant Illness Expert. She believes the solution to Reversing Breast Implant illness is about more than just the explant and that we all need to take personal responsibility for restoring our health by addressing all of the root causes that contribute to chronic illness. It is Sarah’s belief that the body has an innate desire to heal if given what it needs, and she focuses on teaching women how to unlock that innate intelligence and heal themselves.
At every birthday during my teens when I blew out my candles my wish was always to make my breasts grow. Crazy right…who said big boobs were better?
I had a group of girlfriends where all of us had small boobs. And we often discussed getting implants. None of us did. I learned to love my small breasts – that would never droop/sag or interfere with my intermittent love of jogging.
The American Society Of Plastics Surgeons reports that in 2018 over 313,000 breast implants, 101,000 reconstruction breast surgeries, and 27,000 breast explants (removal of breast implant) were conducted.
And breast implant illness is on the rise and is often misdiagnosed or brushed aside.
I recently listened to a TED talk about a woman who discussed the long list of health conditions she experienced and was told that it couldn’t be the breast implants because they were perfectly safe. She was even told to plan for her funeral – she was that sick. And when the breast implants were removed she slowly began to regain her health.
What does this have to do with fertility? We have seen firsthand women being diagnosed with premature ovarian failure, diminished ovarian reserve, low AMH, high FSH, and being told that donor eggs are their only option – when no one asked them about their breast implants.
This episode is a call to action. I literally was shocked by what women have had to endure and how they can be dismissed (that these symptoms are all in their head).
You know your body best.
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) What is breast implant illness and why does it matter if you are trying to conceive.
2) What are the common health complaints that occur with breast implant illness.
3) Why removing the implants is not always the answer to restoring health/fertility and why addressing the root cause of health issues is essential.
4) How to choose a surgeon who is an explant expert.
5) What steps we need to take after explant to restore our health/fertility.
05:04- INTRO TO TODAY’S EPISODE AND SARAH PHILLIPE’S BIO
06:08- STATS AROUND IMPLANTS AND EXPLANTS
07:53- THE CULTURAL PRESSURE OF BIGGER BREASTS
09:40- SARAH’S PERSONAL STORY WITH IMPLANTS
14:04- COMMON SYMPTOMS WITH BREAST IMPLANT ILLNESS
- Her symptoms starting 6 months after implants
- The fertility issues she had as a result
- “It was maddening: the discomfort of living in my body.”
- “If I ever wanted a chance of having a family- I needed to get these out.”
- “The breast implants were a huge part of my struggle with infertility.”
20:44- THE MATERIAL USED IN BREAST IMPLANTS & HOW THAT EFFECTS YOU
- Implants bleed after a while and the chemicals travel throughout your body. It is a “chemical soup”
26:50- HORMONES AND IMPLANTS
- “I don’t think our bodies were designed to be traumatized every time we have a period.”
28:16- WHY IS REMOVAL NOT ALWAYS THE ANSWER TO RESTORING HEALTH?
- Hormones tend to balance themselves out (when we do our part)
- “Healing is about more than the explant- it’s about healing the source.”
- Generational toxin exposures
- Writing your story and understanding your life’s narrative
33:32- WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO HAVE A SURGEON THAT IS AN EXPORT EXPERT
- The ideal way for a breast implant to be exported
36:16- DIET AND LIFESTYLE THINGS WE CAN DO BEFORE AND AFTER EXPLANT
- The importance of regular bowel movements
- Start cleaning up your environment
- “What you can control in your home.”
- “If you are not sleeping you are not detoxing.”
39:40- SARAH’S FAVORITE RESOURCES AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- “I don’t think this happens to us I think this happens for us”
- “Most things are reversible. You have more power than you think.”
- Using your mind as a tool and overcoming victim mentality.
- FREE Neurotoxic Questionnaire
46:24- SARAH’S FINAL THOUGHTS ABOUT BREAST IMPLANT ILLNESS
- “Don’t give up hope.”
Neurotoxic Questionnaire – Do You Need To Detox After Explant: https://reversingbreastimplantillness.com/optin
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):